We’re teaming up with the Women in Games Confetti society to raise money for ‘Girls Can Code’.
The 10 hour jam is all about collaborative game development around a surprise theme, kept a secret until the last second!
Experiment and work with others from different areas of the creative industries whilst building a game from scratch and adding to your portfolio.
- Each team should be made up of around five people; you can come as a team or join up with others on the day
- The theme will be revealed on the day!
- You can choose your own mechanics and art style, but we have some ideas if you can’t decide
- There will be prizes, with each team member in the winning team receiving a £20 amazon gift voucher
- We’re taking over the whole top floor of Confetti’s DMH, so there will be lots of resources available to you!
- Guest Speaker – Maggie Mojsiejuk, level designer from Media Molecule and former Confetti student, will be giving her insights into how taking part in game jams helped her land her first job in the games industry
- Each participant will get a lunch voucher for the student café
The Confetti Women in Games group and our very own Creative Technologies postgraduate students are looking forward to meeting you!
International Women’s Day
We’re proud to be supporting International Women’s Day by hosting a number of talks on Tuesday 8 March, celebrating the work of women in the creative industries.