Join us in celebration on International Woman’s Day by participating in our 9-hour long game jam. This game jam is all about collaborative game development to raise awareness and funds for Juno Women’s Aid! You will work together to create a game about a top-secret theme – the details of which will remain classified up until the last moments, when all will be revealed.
Experiment and work with others from different areas of the creative industries whilst building a game from scratch and adding to your portfolio.
To take part – please register with the Eventbrite link, join our Discord and await further instructions!
- Each entry to the Game Jam will be asked to contribute a small donation to our charity of choice – Juno Women’s Aid. We recommended £3-£5.
- Each team should include around five people; you can come as a team or join up with others on the day. Our Discord server can help you find a team and chat with other specialists.
- There will be a short presentation at the beginning of the Jam where we introduce the event and reveal the secret theme!
- You don’t need to be a professional. We are encouraging first timers, amateurs, veterans, and everyone in between. We have a team of helpers from all disciplines who can support you with every aspect of your game’s development.
- You can create the game however you want! We’re also more than happy to help if you find that you can’t decide what you’d like to create – there will be a team of Postgrad students to help with technical advice.
- There will be prizes, with each team member in the winning team receiving a £20 amazon gift voucher
- We’re taking over the whole top floor of Confetti’s DMH, as well as the Foley Room and C401 and C402, so there will be plenty of resources available to you!
- Each participant will get a lunch voucher for the student café
- To encourage good sustainable practice, we are incentivising green travel, catering and recycling. We encourage everyone who takes part to walk, cycle or travel on public transport. There will be sustainable food options and we will recycle packaging.
The Confetti Women in Games group and our very own Creative Technologies postgraduate students are looking forward to meeting you!
International Women’s Day
We’re proud to be supporting International Women’s Day by hosting a number of talks on Wednesday 8 March, celebrating the work of women in the creative industries.
We are looking to raise awareness and donations for Juno Women’s Aid. Juno empowers women and helps those who have experienced domestic abuse. Please find our donation link below: https://gofund.me/aff4e14e